Two of the most popular stone countertops on the market facing off against each other in a round of pros and cons.
Sometimes making big decisions gets easier when you write a pros and cons list. Here, we’ve done it for you:
– Trend Longevity: Granite has stood the test of time.
– Large Size: Quartz is quarried in smaller pieces than granite.
– Less Expensive: Granite is marginally less expensive.
– Natural: Quartz is a man-made stone.
– Maintenance: In comparison, quartz requires less maintenance
– Busy Style: There are rarely any simple granite designs
– Strength: In comparison, granite is more brittle than quartz.
– Maintenance: Lower maintenance than granite.
– Clean styles: Apposed to granite, quartz offers clean simple designs.
– More Expensive
– Not Suitable Outside: Opposite to granite, quartz is typically not suitable outdoors.
– Not Unique: If you are wanting a one-of-a-kind countertop, quartz may not be for you.
Whichever you choose, you are guaranteed a beautiful looking countertop that you will enjoy for years to come. We always have granite and quartz in our showroom for you to make the decision for yourself. Contact us if you would like more information or a design consultation.