Marble is a very popular option for bathrooms. It’s a timeless choice that dates back to Roman times. Marble comes in a variety of beautiful colors with different amounts of movement, which makes it very versatile. Whether your style is classic or modern, rustic or sleek, a marble bathroom is a great way to add value to your home.
Considerations For Your Marble Bathroom
If you’re interested in the warm and soft aesthetic that marble brings to a space, there are a few things you should know. Marble is a worthwhile investment in any home and educating yourself is the best way to get the greatest return on that investment. We’ve put together this list to help you get started.
- No two slabs are the same. This allows you to have a completely customized look in your bathroom.
- Marble is a great way to add a focal point to your design. With the creative placement of the marble’s natural veining, you can create some interesting artwork.
- Marble is a living stone that ages well. It develops a patina over time that provides a soft and warm look for a bathroom. The surface may even stain, but that’s part of its charm. Your marble bathroom will transform over the years, becoming a bit of history right in your home.
- This durable stone has survived centuries in some historical buildings. However, if you want to keep your marble bathroom performing well be mindful of various hygiene products. Some contain acidic elements that could etch the stone. Wipe up any spills right away and store the bottles on a shelf or tray, rather than right on the countertop.
- Marble can be slippery when wet. To keep your bathroom safe, opt for a honed finish on the flooring. You can also use small marble tiles or mosaics to create more traction.
- Caring for marble means you’ll need to seal it periodically. This is a pretty simple process. It can be as easy as wiping everything down with a sealant once a year. As long as you’re doing that and wiping up any toothpaste or soap that drips on the counter your marble bathroom will always look it’s best.
If you love the idea of marble but still aren’t sure if it’s the right stone for your bathroom, contact us and we’ll be happy to talk through your options. You can always stop by our showroom to browse all of our products.